Transnational Giving Europe (“TGE”) considers the protection and confidentiality of your personal data of the utmost importance and is committed to processing your information in accordance with EU law and this Privacy Statement.
TGE would like to inform you of the fact that the King Baudouin Foundation (“KBF”), based in Brussels, Belgium is the legal entity coordinating the Transnational Giving Europe Network and is hence responsible for the processing of your data. The King Baudouin Foundation did implement all means to be compliant with privacy legislation in this area.
You can find out below what this means in practice for Transnational Giving Europe. You can also find the King Baudouin Foundation’s full privacy declaration here.
1. Collection and Use of your Personal Data by TGE
TGE only collects personal data that you give us yourself or that third parties give us in the context of a service requested by them (e.g. in the context of a donor contacting TGE to make a donation to your organization). TGE only collects the personal data needed to carry out a service requested by you (or by a third party).
Depending on the service that you request from TGE, we collect different types of personal data, which we of course limit to what is strictly necessary. For the services requested from TGE that are listed below, we need the following data to provide you with an appropriate service;
- To subscribe for our newsletter we collect your e-mail address.
- To contact us via e-mail we collect your e-mail address and any information necessary to respond to your inquiry.
- To submit an application form to become a TGE beneficiary (upon contacting your national TGE partner) we collect information on your organization in order to conduct thorough due diligence. When you complete the form you are invited to read our Statement on the Protection of your Personal Information related to the Grant Eligibility Application Form and give us your express approval for the processing of the information transmitted through that form.
2. Storage of your Personal Data by TGE
TGE undertakes to keep your data for no longer than necessary for the provision of our services within the context for which we collected the data. (e.g. until we have handled your request).
You can unsubscribe from our newsletter at any time through the “unsubscribe” link in every newsletter or by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
3. Third Party Access
In order to process your personal data, we provide access to our employees, being official TGE administrators.
Also, whereas TGE is comprised of several foundations and associations, data collected by the national TGE partner can be consulted by all the TGE partners.
Other than that, TGE will not disclose your personal data to third parties, unless this proves necessary in the context of providing our services and/or optimising them. To that end, TGE will appeal to third parties in order to:
- send you newsletters (given your express approval)
- be easily addressed.
These third parties will be obliged to only use your personal data if they can guarantee conformance with terms that are similar to those as set out in this Statement.
TGE will never sell or pass on your personal data to third parties except in the situations provided for in this Statement or unless your explicit and preliminary consent.
It is however possible that TGE will disclose your personal data;
- if we are obliged to do so, following a court order or to comply with imperative laws and/or regulations, or to safeguard and defend our rights;
- in case of whole or partial reorganisation or cession of our activities, your personal data may be transferred to new entities or third parties.
If reasonably possible, TGE will try to inform you in advance of such transfers, unless revealing this information is subject to legal constraints. Additionally, you must be aware that informing you beforehand in not always possible technically, nor commercially.
4. Safety and Confidentiality
Your data is processed in a way that is safe. The KBF therefore use various security technologies and measures to protect your data from unauthorised access, use, loss or publication. These technologies and measures are tested on a regular basis and updated if necessary.
The KBF works with a specialised security partner to make the websites and all other servers secure. If any incident should nevertheless arise involving your data, you will be personally informed under the circumstances stipulated by law.
If you have questions regarding your collected data or other privacy-related inquiries, you may contact TGE by sending us an email at email@example.com.
Also, if you wish to exercise your privacy rights, being
- right of access to personal data which TGE possibly has concerning you;
- right to rectification, completion or update of your personal data;
- right to delete your personal data (TGE wishes to point out that in this context certain services will no longer be accessible and/or can no longer be provided)
- right to limit the processing of your personal data;
- right to transferability of your personal data;
- right to object to/oppose the processing of your personal data.
In principal, you can exercise these rights free of charge via sending an e-mail to the above-mentioned address.
If you no longer wish to receive our newsletters, you can unsubscribe at any time by clicking the “unsubscribe” button underneath each of these e-mails.
In case you experience dissatisfaction regarding our treatment of your questions and/or remarks or should you have any complaints about the way your information is collected or used, please note that you have the right to lodge a complaint with the Belgian Privacy Authority, which is GTE’s Lead Supervisory Authority.
However, you are always free to contact your own European or EU-vested authority thereto.